As the world economy becomes more and more interdependent, financial institutions are confronted with increasingly complex competitive pressures and business opportunities. To survive and prosper in this fast-moving environment, they need insurance protection that reflects a thorough knowledge of global issues as well as the special insurance requirements of their businesses.
Since 1964, Chubb has been a leader in providing innovative insurance solutions to financial institutions. Known for our attention to detail and commitment to understanding our customers’ business operations, we continually update our products to meet their changing insurance needs.
Our package policy, Customarq Classic,
is a Chubb hallmark and sets the standard for the industry. Breadth of protection is a given, with features that respond to 21st-century issues. Customarq Classic’s
modular format and range of options offer great flexibility, allowing our underwriters and customers to design a property and liability insurance program that meets the customer’s individual needs, whether a depository and credit institution, such as a community or commercial bank, credit union, or finance company; or a non-depository institution, such as a stockbroker, investment bank, investment manager, investment advisor, or insurance company. And with our global extension, foreign exposures can be protected with the same quality Customarq Classic
provides for domestic operations.
FLEXIBLE, MODULAR, CONVENIENT
We think you’ll appreciate the convenience of Customarq Classic
and its many options. Customarq Classic
offers a $500,000 automatic blanket limit of insurance for selected property coverages that allows insurance dollars to be used where they are needed most following a loss. The blanket limit can be increased based on certain underwriting criteria. Smaller businesses that don’t need these higher limits can opt for a $250,000 blanket limit. The 12 coverages included in the blanket limit do not change, regardless of the level selected. The property coverages included in the blanket limit are:
- Accounts receivable
- Electronic data processing (EDP) property
- Fine arts
- Leasehold interest (bonus payment, prepaid rents, sublease profit, and tenants’ lease interest)
- Leasehold interest/undamaged tenants’ improvements and betterments
- Nonowned detached trailers
- Outdoor trees, shrubs, plants, or lawns
- Personal property of employees
- Property damage extortion
- Public safety service charges
- Rental income
- Valuable papers
The modular format of Customarq Classic
makes it easy to mix and match the many property, business income/extra expense, and general liability coverages available to meet each customer’s particular insurance requirements.
includes broad “all-risk” property/income perils. Some highlights not found in typical industry forms are:
- Water damage (surface water, seepage through basement, backup of sewers or drains, and pipe burst)
- Electrical arcing, mechanical breakdown, and steam boiler explosion
Automatic limits are included for many property and business income coverages, and additional limits may be purchased. Some of these coverages include:
- Any other location
- Exhibition, fair, or trade show
- Extra expense
- Newly acquired premises
- In transit
- Debris removal
Our property valuation approach includes cost of replacement at the same or another site, ordinance or law (up to the building or personal property limits), customs duties, extended warranties, and replacement cost for personal property of others and leased personal property.
In Customarq Classic,
business income insurance automatically includes the same perils as property with an extended period of indemnity, so protection extends for a stated period of time after operations have been restored. Other features:
- Worldwide dependent business premises
- Ordinance or law
- Any other location
- Loss of utilities
- Exhibition, fair, or trade show
- Ingress and egress
In today’s uncertain world, technology and case law are constantly changing the liability landscape. Chubb’s Customarq Classic
general liability protection responds to exposures that didn’t exist 10 years ago. For example, the rapid rise of the Internet has dramatically increased the potential for libel, intellectual property violations, and the invasion of the right-of-privacy offenses. Standard policies do not adequately respond to these exposures.
provides a separate advertising/personal injury aggregate limit that isn’t subject to the general aggregate limit. Another feature you won’t find in standard policies: Customarq Classic’s
definition of advertising injury includes infringement of a registered trademark in an advertisement.
CHUBB’S GLOBAL APPROACH
- Customarq Classic’s definition of personal injury includes discrimination, harassment, and segregation (other than employment- and customer-related).
- When our global liability extension is purchased, the insured is protected against lawsuits brought anywhere in the world.
- Under who is insured, existing subsidiaries, including unscheduled partnerships, joint ventures, and limited liability companies are automatically included as insureds to the end of the policy period.
- New subsidiaries or newly acquired organizations are afforded named-insured status based on control of voting rights, regardless of type of entity, to the end of the policy period.
- Personal and advertising injury protection includes liability assumed in a written contract.
- Definition of bodily injury includes humiliation, mental anguish, mental injury, and shock resulting from physical injury.
- Automatic coverage for bodily injury or property damage involving foreclosed or trust properties and automatic teller machines.
With Customarq Classic’s
global extension, you can be confident that the company’s overseas operations are protected, whether in Ireland, Melbourne, Milan, or Brazil. We can insure U.S. and foreign exposures under Customarq Classic,
including protection against any differences in conditions and/or limits contained in policies issued in a foreign country. We can also write primary insurance in most countries either through our own Chubb companies or correspondents overseas. When the Customarq Classic
global extension is purchased, we will pay for losses outside the United States in the currency requested.
ROUNDING OUT AN INSURANCE PROGRAM
To complement the Customarq Classic policy, Chubb can write auto, workers’ compensation, umbrella, and a host of specialized insurance products, such as directors and officers liability, professional liability, employment practices liability, fiduciary liability, kidnap/ransom and extortion, fidelity bonds, and cyber crime and liability policies.
SERVICE AND STRENGTH
Chubb’s reputation for service is built on a solid foundation of performance. Our loss control and risk consulting professionals have spent years developing the specialized knowledge they need to help identify potential hazards and prevent losses from occurring. Our claim service is legendary in the industry. We make it easy to report claims through a toll-free number available 24/7 or via our Web site. And, with our global network of Chubb claim adjusters, we can respond to a claim anywhere in the world. Our financial strength continues to earn high ratings from A.M. Best Company, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s, leading evaluators of insurance companies. Financial strength, combined with 120 years of underwriting expertise and exemplary claim service, means you can count on Chubb to be there when you need us most.
Consider the advantages of Customarq Classic and the many options it offers. Then talk to us about designing an insurance program that will help you meet the challenges - and opportunities - of a changing world.
Its Chubb. Or it’s Chance.
Contact the Chubb Access Program today!
This literature is descriptive only. Actual coverage is subject to the language of the policies as issued